Generally, if you think you might need a Florida personal injury attorney because you have been in a boating accident, you generally do need an attorney. In fact, most people who have sustained personal injury as a result of a boating accident need a good attorney. This is because when you have been in a boating accident, you will be dealing with insurance providers. Without legal help, you may not have the negotiation skills to get your claim considered in a speedy and fair manner. A Florida personal injury attorney can help you:
1) Minimize the financial impact of the accident. Boating accidents do not just cause spinal cord injuries and serious personal injuries; they also cause financial injuries. After an accident, you may have large medical bills to cover and you may need to repair or even replace your boat. An attorney can ensure that these costs do not come from your own pocket.
2) Get excellent medical care. An attorney can help ensure that you have the financial resources to get all the medical care you need to make the fullest recovery possible. For example, if you have sustained burn injury as a result of a boat accident, an attorney can seek help so that you can afford reconstructive surgeries. If you need long term physical therapy, an attorney can ensure that you get these treatment as well. Without an attorney’s help, you may find that insurance providers consider many treatments “optional” and therefore not covered.
3) Negotiate effectively. Most boating accidents require negotiating with an insurance provider and insurance providers are interested in keeping costs low. Many providers make initial low offers and in many cases these offers do not fully cover the costs of an accident. An attorney can negotiate on your behalf so that your claim is treated fairly.
4) Find answers. Do you know what caused your accident? Your attorney can help you find out. If your accident was caused by someone’s recklessness, a boat malfunction or another cause, an attorney can help you get answers and can even help to ensure that others are not harmed by the same problem.
5) Protect your interests. If you have been accused of causing a boating accident, you need a good attorney. An attorney can ensure that you are not held liable if an accident was not your fault. This is crucial if you want to avoid lawsuits and increased insurance premiums.