Most people hope that they never experience a significant injury that requires a Florida personal injury attorney and a legal battle. Everyone wants to avoid Florida car accidents, slip and fall accidents, spinal cord injuries, and other types of serious accidents and injuries but every year millions of Americans are seriously injured due to preventable accidents or injuries.
If you’re not sure whether your injury requires a Florida personal injury attorney, consider:
1) Are you seriously injured? If you have been admitted to hospital and will require long-term help or will face lost income due to lost work time, it may be a good idea to speak with an attorney.
2) Are you injured permanently or have you suffering a long-term injury? Permanent injuries such as brain injuries or long-term injuries such as burn injuries require a surprising number of resources and Florida brain injury patients as well as other patients with serious injuries generally need representation by an attorney to ensure that they get the financial support they need. It is unlikely that an insurance provider will offer a claim amount that covers all the costs of a long-term injury – an attorney is needed for this.
3) Did someone’s negligence or recklessness cause your injury? In cases such as Florida drunk driving accidents, products liability cases and other cases where someone was negligent, it is often unfair to expect victims to pay for the medical costs and other damages that someone’s recklessness has caused. In these cases, speaking with an attorney ensures you will not pay for someone else’s mistakes.
4) Does the injury involve a commercial company or organization? A Florida truck accident involving a business truck and other similar injuries involving commercial defendants are often complicated. The commercial or business interests in the case will usually have attorneys – shouldn’t you?
5) Are you being asked to sign papers or documents you do not understand? If you are being pressured to sign documents or if you are being accused of causing an accident, you need a good attorney to help you. Without a good attorney, you could end up signing away your rights.
In general, if you are not sure whether your injury merits a Florida personal injury attorney, it is a good idea to call a qualified attorney in any event. Many Florida personal injury attorneys – including the team at the Flaxman Law Group – offer free initial consultations, so that you can find out if you have a case or legal redress without any obligation or cost to you. This is a much better alternative than finding out too late that you have been saddled with thousands of dollars in medical costs which are not covered.
If you think you may have a Florida personal injury claim, contact the experienced legal team at the Flaxman Law Group for a free, no-obligation consultation. Our team has worked with thousands of South Florida personal injury patients and can review your rights and options with you so that you can make a decision from a position of strength. The Flaxman Law Group is proud to serve Miami, Homestead, Hollywood, and surrounding South Florida communities.