If you have been in a Miami car accident, workplace accident, or have otherwise sustained a serious injury in some other fashion in the city, negotiating the legal and medical help you need can be difficult. Many Miami accident victims are frightened and confused after their accident, unfamiliar with the legal and medical procedures often required after a serious injury or accident. Many victims are also initially reluctant to contact a Florida personal injury attorney, assuming that an attorney is only necessary in cases where a victim wishes to go to court. However, calling a Miami personal injury attorney can be one of the smartest things you do after your accident. That’s because a qualified Miami personal injury attorney can do several things, including:
1) Offer immediate help and advice after your accident. After a serious Miami motorcycle accident or other type of injury or accident, you will need many types of help. For example, you may need to determine how to replace lost income if you are unable to work. You may need help finding a car repair shop, car rental, or medical help. This can be especially confusing if you are only visiting Miami and no familiar with the area. Qualified attorneys, including the legal team at the Flaxman Law Group, can offer immediate over the phone advice that can help you get the help you need.
2) Offer legal advice. It can be very confusing to determine what your options and legal rights are after an injury or accident. Laws are often written in confusing jargon, and may span entire volumes. As well, laws are costly changing, thanks to precedents set in court cases. A qualified Miami attorney can help you determine what your rights and options are, which can help you make the right decision in your case.
3) Help you determine the true cost of your accident. If your insurance carrier offers you a sum of money as compensation for your accident or injury, how can you determine what is a fair estimate of your costs? It is all too easy to underestimate the many costs following a Miami accident or injury. You may require long-term care, home care, rehabilitation, medicine, car repairs, and many other expenses. A qualified Miami attorney can help you determine the true cost of your accident, including long-term costs, so that you know what you need to try to recover.
4) Help investigate the cause of the accident. If you have been in a serious Miami truck accident or other type of accident, you may have plenty of questions about how the accident occurred. A qualified Miami attorney works with networks of private investigators and other professionals who can determine the cause of an accident. This can help protect you if you are held liable for an accident and can help you get the answers you need.
5) Help find all liable parties. If you have been in a Miami traffic accident or other type of accident, it is important to find all liable parties in the accident. Doing so can ensure that you get a fair settlement and are able to recover a fair amount — one that covers most of your medical expenses, lost income, and other costs.
6) Review insurance and other legal documents with you. If you get documentation from your insurance company or from other sources, the legal language in these documents can often be difficult to understand. You shouldn’t sign anything before speaking to an attorney. A qualified Miami attorney can go over settlement offers, insurance claim offers, and other legal documents with you to ensure that you do not sign away your rights.
7) Negotiate with insurers on your behalf. If, as often happens, your insurance company is offering you less than the full cost of your medical care, lost income, and other expenses after your accident, your Miami attorney can negotiate with your insurance carrier to ensure that you get a fair claim amount and that you have to pay fewer expenses yourself.
8) Represent you if you decide to pursue your case in court. If you and your attorney decide that pursuing your case in court is the best option for getting a fair claim settlement, your attorney can represent you in court and can fight aggressively for a fair settlement on your behalf.
As a full-service Miami personal injury law firm, the Flaxman Law Group does all of this and more. To find out how we can help and to help you start recovering from your injury, contact the Flaxman Law group today to arrange for a free consultation. The Flaxman Law group also has offices in Homestead and Hollywood to serve you better.