When you are in a Miami Lakes car accident or sustain an injury through any incident, your first instinct is likely to seek medical attention and then to call an insurance company. However, there are times when you will want to contact a Miami Lakes personal injury attorney:
1) If you have sustained any injuries that require medical care. If you have sustained a broken bone, a spinal cord injury, a facial injury, a head injury, or any injury that will require repeated trips to the doctor, you may want to consult with an attorney. These injuries usually mean lost income, property damage, and medical bills, so seeking the advice of a personal injury attorney can help ensure that you have the information you need to protect yourself financially.
2) If you are offered a claim amount and contract by your insurance company but are not sure if the claim amount will cover all the damages. Insurance companies themselves admit that they try to settle claims as economically and as quickly as they can. This can mean that you end up signing away your rights for money that does not cover all your damages, meaning that you will need to pay some or even most of the costs of your accident out of your own pocket. A qualified Miami Lakes personal injury attorney can evaluate your case and can help you understand the possible total costs of your injuries. An attorney can also negotiate with your insurance company for a better recovery.
3) It is not clear who is at fault in the accident. Personal injury attorneys can investigate an accident and can help you get the answers you need. As well, if there is any doubt about fault in an accident, this can affect your insurance claim. Getting a personal injury attorney to help you ensures that you will not be blamed for an accident that was not your fault and ensures that you have a chance at the fairest recovery possible.
4) You have been seriously injured, but not in a car accident. If you have sustained any internal injuries, broken bones, or other serious injuries in a Miami Lakes car accident, there are a variety of car insurance processes in place. However, if you have been injured in a Miami Lakes slip and fall accident or another accident that does not involve a traffic accident, recovery for your injuries may be more complicated. Consulting with a personal injury attorney can help you understand the process and your options.
5) You are injured in a Miami Lakes truck accident or any accident involving a commercial vehicle or commercial property. Businesses usually have extensive insurance with powerful insurance carriers. They are also usually represented by teams of attorneys. Another thing that complicates these kinds of cases is that in many cases there are multiple liable parties. For example, in a Miami Lakes truck accident involving a commercial truck, the driver and the truck carrier may be liable. The company taking care of truck maintenance and loading can also be held partly liable. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you negotiate the complexities of these types of cases.
While you may not need to speak to a Miami Lakes personal injury attorney if you have been in a minor fender-bender and have no injuries, if you are not sure whether you need an attorney or not, contact the Flaxman Law Group. The experienced legal staff at the Flaxman Law Group can help you understand whether you have a case and can help you see how much your case could be worth. There is no charge for calling and even your first consultation is completely free, so that you can get the facts before you make any final decisions in your case. If you think you may have a claim but are not sure, it is best to contact a qualified attorney rather than risk getting a claim amount that is less than you deserve.