Burn injuries are among the most devastating injuries to sustain. In many cases, they are not only painful but can also affect mobility, and, in many cases, a patient’s appearance. In many cases, Hialeah burn injury patients spend years rebuilding their lives after a devastating burn injury. If you have a burn injury, there are ways to get on the path to healing:
1) Get help as soon as possible. If you have a second degree burn or worse, you will at least need a tetanus shot. Visiting your doctor can ensure that the burn is not more severe than you think and can ensure that the burn is not infected. A doctor can accurately evaluate your injuries and provide you with the help you need.
2) If the injury is severe and may have been caused by a wrongful act or by negligence, contact a Hialeah personal injury attorney. A good attorney can investigate your injury, can determine liable parties, can accurately estimate the costs of your injuries, and can stand up for your rights. If your injury is the result of a Hialeah truck accident, traffic accident, or defective product, contacting a personal injury attorney is a good idea.
3) Get a good support network. A Hialeah burn injury can be devastating, especially if the injury affects your eyesight, face, or mobility. Finding a support group and relying on friends and family to help you is important to ensure that you have the emotional strength to heal.
4) Find out about burn injuries and speak with others about the injuries. There are many groups catering to the unique needs of burn patients. Speak with your doctor about groups and organizations in your area. These are often great resources for learning about treatments and options. Even just speaking with another Hialeah burn injury patient can be important for the healing process.
5) Protect yourself financially. Burn injuries can be financially devastating. If you have sustained a severe burn, you may lose income if you cannot return to work right away. If the injury affects your eyesight, face, or mobility you may lose significant income and you may feel devastated. You may require professional counseling, home care, rehabilitation, skin grafts, and other expensive treatment. Depending on the severity of your burns, the rest of your life may be affected by your injury. Speaking with a Hialeah personal injury attorney soon after your injury is important in safeguarding your financial future. An experienced attorney can help you determine the possible costs of your injury and can help ensure that you do not sign away your rights to fair compensation. An attorney can evaluate insurance company offers, can negotiate with an insurance company on your behalf and can pursue fair compensation for you so that you do not pay the full costs of your injury out of pocket.
6) Get counseling if you need it. A burn injury can be devastating, and some patients feel
depressed, angry, and withdrawn after their injury. If this is true for you, speaking with a professional can help you deal with these feelings so that you can start the healing process.
7) Get rehabilitation if you need it. Severe burn injuries can affect your mobility, so rehabilitation may be needed to recover some of your mobility. In some cases, you may be able to recover most or even all of your mobility with the right treatment.
8) Look into skin grafts if you need them. If your burn injury is in a visible place, skin grafts and other cosmetic treatments may help minimize the scarring so that you can recover more fully from your injuries and resume your life.
If you have sustained a serious Hialeah burn injury, you do not need to be alone. If your injury was caused by a wrongful act or by someone’s negligence, Florida law protects you and allows you to seek legal redress for your injuries. To learn more, contact the Flaxman Law Group today.