If you have been seriously injured in a Miami Lakes truck accident or have lost someone in a traffic accident, getting organized may be the last thing on your mind. However, after a serious Miami Lakes traffic accident, you will likely be given a barrage of information and will need to keep track of a number of legal and medical processes. Staying organized is essential to ensuring that you get everything done. Keeping organized is also important since you may be upset and grieving, and therefore keeping track of all the information coming your way may be harder than ever. There are a few things that you can do to make the process easier:
1) Create a list of phone numbers you need to call and create a phone log of who you have spoken to and when. You will likely need to phone a number of people after your accident. If you have been in a Miami Lakes car accident involving a commercial truck, you may need to contact a Miami Lakes personal injury attorney, for example, specialists, doctors, your insurance company, a support group, and many other people. Keep a list of all the information and all the phone numbers that you will likely need. Also, keep a notebook by the phone so that you can keep tabs of who calls when and what you discussed.
2) Create a file related to all your accident-related information. One file can contain your insurance policy information, insurance claims, any paperwork from your attorney, any copies of police report and medical files, and any other information that you need related to your case. This way, if your insurance company or attorney requires any information, it is handily in one location.
3) Evaluate your expenses and create a budget. A serious Miami Lakes truck accident that results in injuries or death usually results in financial distress as well. You may require expensive medical care and you may also lose income because you are unable to work. In order to survive financially, it is important to have a budget and to evaluate your assets as well as the expenses coming your way. You also want to keep a list of everything that you are spending that is related to your accident. You want to keep receipts for any medical devices you need, for example, as well as any medical expenses and transportation expenses. This way, your Miami Lakes personal injury attorney can pursue compensation for these costs.
4) Collect the papers you need. This may include medical papers, death certificates, insurance policies, military discharge papers, wills, list of assets, and other documents. You will likely be asked for these papers at some point.
5) Make a list of everything you need to do after your accident and write it in a planner or use your mobile device calendar or planner feature to create reminders. It is easy to lose track of appointments and things to do when you’re distressed. Keeping a list of everything and using an online calendar to remind you of appointments ensures that nothing slips through the cracks.
Having a compassionate and experienced Miami Lakes personal injury attorney after a truck accident can help you stay organized and can help you pursue justice as well as fair compensation. If you’re looking for a personal injury attorney in the South Florida area, the Flaxman Law Group is an experienced legal team as well as a full-service law firm with the resources to take care of your case from beginning to end. Contact the team today for a free, no obligation consultation to discuss your case.