Each year, many Florida residents are injured or even killed by defective products. Products may be defective due to their design, manufacturing process, or labeling. In any event, when a serious injury occurs, the results can be devastating. If you have been injured by what you believe is a defective product, make sure that you:
1) Stop using the product at once and get medical attention immediately. Even if you are not sure how extensive your injuries are, it is important to get medical attention. Head injury patients in Miami and South Florida, for example, may not exhibit any symptoms at first but may still have suffered a life-threatening injury. Burn injuries often require immediate treatment; delaying treatment can affect the healing process. Consulting the help of a medical professional is important in ensuring that you get the best treatment as quickly as possible.
2) Try to preserve the evidence if you can. Once you’ve taken care of immediate medical needs, make sure that you start documenting the evidence and preserving evidence, in case you want to pursue a legal claim. Stop using the product but save it if it is possible. Also save any property that has been damaged by the defective product or any photos, receipts, or manuals you have from the product itself.
3) Document symptoms and any property damage that has occurred. Consider photographing any damage or injuries and keeping a list of symptoms, expenses related to the injury, and any other information that you can. This can be very important for your personal injury attorney in the event that you decide to file a claim.
4) Speak with insurance companies, if applicable. If the defective product has caused a car accident in Miami or another community or if the product has caused an injury on your property, car insurance or home insurance may help cover some of the costs. Consult with insurance companies to see whether the medical costs and other costs associated with the injury are at least partly covered by insurance.
5) Contact a personal injury attorney. Speak with a personal injury attorney in Miami or your community in order to get legal advice. You may be able to file a legal claim against the manufacturer of the product in order to get compensation for lost income, property damage, medical costs, and other expenses related to your accident. Holding negligent manufacturers responsible can help you get closure after the accident and can also help ensure that you do not suffer financially due to the manufacturer’s recklessness. In many cases, it is difficult to tell whether you have a case. A good attorney can help you understand all your options so that you make the best decision in your situation.
The Flaxman Law Group is a full-service law firm and has been part of the Miami community for years. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has already recovered more than $25 million on behalf of thousands of South Florida personal injury victims. If you believe you may have a products liability case in Miami or another Florida community, contact the Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for a free, no obligation case evaluation.