Many attorneys have dealt with insurance providers on some level and may be willing to take a look at your workers’ compensation case. However, there are many benefits to working with a workers’ compensation attorney in Hollywood or your community:
1) An attorney with experience in workers’ compensation cases has practical experience. A workers’ compensation attorney may have handled hundreds or thousands of cases and understands how these cases work.
2) An experienced workers’ compensation attorney has the relevant network of professionals behind him or her. A workers’ compensation claim may require a whole network of professionals. For example, the findings of the insurer’s doctor may need to be verified or challenged by a medical professional. A medical consultant may need to be hired to testify about the seriousness of your injuries. A qualified workers’ compensation attorney has access to these types of professionals who can work on your behalf.
3) An experienced attorney who has handled many workers’ compensation claims understands this area of law. Workers’ compensation law is different than other practice areas. A qualified attorney understands this area of law stays up to date about the latest developments so he or she can help you fully.
How can you find the right workers’ compensation attorney for you?
There are a few things you’ll want to look for:
- Look for someone you trust and feel comfortable with. You may be spending significant time with you workers’ compensation attorney, so a good relationship is key.
- Seek out an attorney with experience. Look for someone who has handled multiple workers’ compensation cases and has a track record of success in helping plaintiffs secure the benefits they deserve.
- Search for a lawyer with experience with the insurance industry. Employers can either be self-insured or work with a private insurance company to provide workers’ compensation coverage for their employees. An attorney who understands the insurance industry understands the tactics insurance companies use when refuting claims or when trying to deny claims. This level of experience allows the attorney to counter-argue for your benefit. Charles Flaxman of Flaxman Law Group, for example, has more than 10 years of experience in the insurance industry as well as more than 25 years of experience in the legal realm. He understands exactly how these cases work from both sides of the courtroom so he can effectively argue against insurance companies or employers trying to deny your claim.
If you have been injured at work, contact Flaxman Law Group for a free case consultation. Our attorneys can explain what steps you need to take to protect your benefits and can work with you to ensure you get the benefits you deserve.