If you have been in a trucking collision in Homestead or any southern Florida community, one of the best things you can do is to work with a personal injury attorney specializing in trucking collision cases. Trucking collisions are not like car accidents. Trucking crashes are likely to involve multiple potential defendants, serious injuries and damages, and a longer recovery time. You need to ensure you have fair compensation for your injuries so you can get the full medical treatment you need.
A personal injury attorney can represent you with your insurance company or can proceed with a legal claim to seek the fair compensation you need to get quality medical treatment and support during this difficult time. However, you don’t want any attorney handling your case. The wrong attorney may not be able to get you the results you want. When seeking an attorney, make you look for:
- Experience. Look for an attorney who has been practicing law in your community for many years. This may mean your attorney has a track record of successful settlements and has the legal knowledge and expertise to pursue your claim thoroughly. You’ll also want to look for someone who has experience in trucking collisions specifically. These often hinge on technical details and can be more complex than most car collision claims. You’ll want someone who is knowledgeable in this area of law.
- Willingness to go to trial. In many cases, trucking claims are resolved in out-of-court settlements. However, defendants and insurance companies may be more willing to settle if they know an attorney is willing to pursue a claim all the way to trial if necessary. Always look for an attorney with trial experience in case your case does require this additional step.
- A good network. Look for an attorney with an extensive network of experts behind him or her. A good attorney should have excellent paralegals, as well as a network of investigators, forensic experts, medical consultants, and other professionals to assist when researching and evaluating your case. The legal team at Flaxman Law Group, for example, has an extensive network of private investigators, accident reconstruction experts, expert witnesses, and other professionals who can testify and gather evidence after a collision.
- Trust. Look for an attorney who makes you feel comfortable. You will be working closely with your attorney and you need someone who you can trust to represent you.
- Local connections. A local attorney is very important. This is someone who understands current and local laws as well as local judges and resources that can help you.
If you’re looking for an attorney with all of these qualities, contact Flaxman Law Group. Our legal team has more than 60 years of combined experience and our founder, Charles Flaxman, is an experienced trial attorney who also has 10 years of experience in the insurance industry. He understands how truck accident claims work both from the insurer’s perspective and the legal perspective, giving you an edge.