In many vehicle accidents, only two vehicles are involved – the at-fault driver and to the other driver. In many truck accidents in Hollywood and across South Florida, however, the size of a tanker, 18-wheeler, big rig, or other commercial truck can cause a multiple vehicle or chain reaction accident.
Multiple vehicle accidents involving trucks occur for a number of reasons:
- the size of the truck and the force involved in the crash can cause the truck to plow through multiple vehicles at once
- the force of the truck can push one vehicle into the next passenger vehicle, causing a chain reaction
- cars and trucks trying to swerve out of the way of a truck involved in an accident may inadvertently cause secondary collisions
- drivers driving by an accident site may stop to take a look, which can lead to mistakes made on the road and secondary accidents
Multiple vehicle accidents are devastating, and they are legally more complex. If you have been in a multivehicle accident in Hollywood or South Florida, contact an experienced attorney who can review your situation and can help you determine what your options are. In these types of accidents, there may be multiple liable parties and it can be difficult to determine who the liable parties are. An attorney by your side can ensure you the answers you need and an attorney can fight aggressively to ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Avoiding Multiple Vehicle Truck Accidents
To avoid multiple vehicle accidents involving trucks, there are several things you can do:
- Maintain safe driving distance, especially in bad weather. Tailgating can increase the odds of a multiple vehicle accident because you and other vehicles may not have the time and space to stop in the event of a near crash. Giving yourself extra space gives you enough wiggle room to get out of the way in case the worst happens.
- Drive defensively. Always think the few moves ahead, so can see where you have space to go if you need to move fast to avoid an accident.
- Drive differently around trucks. Big rigs and other commercial vehicles are not like passenger cars. They take longer to slow down and aren’t as maneuverable. Give commercial trucks the respect they deserve and stay well out of their way to ensure you are less likely to be at risk of a truck accident.
If you have suffered an injury in a trucking collision, you need to think about the future. Where will the money come from for your medical bills and other costs? How will you repair your car? How quickly can you return to work? A truck accident attorney in Hollywood can address these questions and can support you through the process of filing a legal claim for seeking compensation from your insurance company. If you’d like to speak to a Hollywood truck accident collision attorney, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN). Our team more than six decades of combined experience and we’re happy to offer a free consultation for all injured parties.