Workers compensation claims in North Miami Beach and other South Florida communities occur every day because workers are injured on the job. On-the-job injuries can result from incorrect security in North Miami Beach, incorrect management or supervision, poor employee screening, and a variety of other causes. Work-related accidents and injuries not only cause legal hassles and pain and suffering, but they can also reduce productivity and can affect a worker’s ability to earn an income. There are many ways that employees and employers can help prevent workplace injuries in North Miami Beach and across South Florida:
1) Proper training. Proper training of employees is important in preventing workplace injuries and accidents. Correctly trained workers know how to stay safe on the job and know how to operate machinery in the workplace. Training should occur when new employees are hired, but regular review of safety procedures is also important. When work methodologies change or when a workplace gets new equipment, additional training is often needed to help employees learn how to stay safe in the workplace.
2) Employee screening. Unfortunately, workplace violence is a real concern. When employers are negligent and incorrectly screen employees, inadequate security or premises liability cases in North Miami Beach can be the result. Employers should be careful to screen employees for safety to ensure that all team members stay safe. If an employee starts acting erratically or in a potentially dangerous manner, employers should have a policy for dealing with that in a way that keeps the workplace safe.
3) Written safety rules that are reviewed often. Even with proper training, employees can easily forget about safety rules and procedures. Having written rules posted around the workplace and written down in the company manual can help employees review and refresh their memory of safety rules. Regular reviewing of these safety rules is also important to ensure that everyone knows how to stay safe in the workplace.
4) Proper security. Security should keep both employees and customers safe. Poor security measures can result in inadequate security claims in North Miami Beach. Good security can mean installing security cameras, ensuring that doors and windows are correctly secured, hiring security guards or other security personnel, and taking other precautions to keep everyone at work safe.
5) Regular safety reviews and checks. Even if proper safety procedures and training systems are set up, workplaces can become unsafe. It is important to have regular reviews and checks to make sure that the workplace remains safe. Regular checks can help detect a spill, for example, that can lead to a slip and fall accident, or a broken window that can put the business at risk of a security breach. Regular checks can help prevent these issues from becoming a real threat.
If you have been injured in the workplace and believe you may have a legal claim, get the facts about Florida laws and the specifics of your case by contacting the Flaxman Law Group for a free case evaluation. You can contact the Flaxman Law Group at any time to arrange for your free, no obligation consultation.