Truck accidents in Homestead and other South Florida communities cause devastating injuries each year. In many cases, due to the size and force of a truck, truck collisions are more likely than car collisions in Homestead to result in long-term and permanent injury. Some of the more serious injuries caused by truck accidents include:
1) Brain injuries. Brain injuries can occur if a passenger in a vehicle strikes their head against the dashboard or other hard surface during the collision. Head injuries can also occur if a passenger is strongly shaken during the collision, which can cause the brain to crash up against the hard skull surface, causing bleeding and bruising to the brain. Brain injuries can result in memory loss, speech problems, vision loss, unconsciousness, and other serious injuries. Head injuries in Homestead and other South Florida cities can easily become fatal or can cause permanent injury, leaving the victim unable to work.
2) Spinal cord injuries. Spinal cord injuries after a truck accident can leave someone paralyzed, with greatly reduced mobility, or even with fatal injuries. Spinal cord injuries are extremely expensive to treat, and spinal cord injuries in Homestead and other South Florida cities can cost up to $100,000 in the first year of treatment alone.
3) Burn injuries. Burn injuries can be one of the most difficult injuries to sustain in a traffic accident in Homestead. These injuries can cause muscle damage and mobility issues, and may also leave the victim devastated and unable to return to work. These injuries can also cause extreme pain.
All of these permanent injuries can result in long term financial impact as well as loss of mobility and other skills. The immediate emergency medical care and long-term medical care of these injuries can add up to hundreds of thousands of dollars or even millions of dollars over a lifetime. Patients may require rehabilitation, surgeries, consultations with specialists, and many other types of treatment. The financial impact can be devastating. In addition, most of these injuries will result in loss of wages or even long-term loss of income. Most patients can take months or years to recover from serious injuries after a truck accident. In some cases, patients are unable to return to their jobs because their mobility issues and injuries affect their ability to do their job. In these cases, patients may be either completely unable to work or may be returning to lower paying jobs at the same time as they are facing increased medical bills.
If you have been seriously injured in a truck or car accident in Homestead or another South Florida community, you will want to:
1) Seek professional help. You will want to seek expert medical help to increase the chances that you will recover as fully as possible from your injuries. You also want to consult with a personal injury attorney in Homestead or your community in order to get professional legal advice to protect your finances and your future.
2) Seek counseling and emotional support. Being in a traffic accident in Homestead can be a devastating experience. Seeking the help of a support group, counselor, or other resources can help you deal with the emotional impact and can help you find the resources you need to heal.
3) Seek compensation. In many cases, the financial impact of a serious accident can last for years. If your accident was caused by someone’s negligence, you have the legal right in Florida to seek compensation to help reduce the financial devastation of your accident.
Do you have questions about seeking compensation in South Florida after a truck accident? Contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney.