If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Hollywood or another community or have suffered an injury some other way, you may know that you need to speak with a personal injury attorney to understand your rights. Many people who should seek legal advice, though, hesitate to speak to an attorney because they do not know what to expect. If you need to speak with a personal injury attorney in Hollywood or your community because you are filing a claim, the process will take a few steps:
1) Initial contact. You will likely call or otherwise contact the attorney. You will be asked some basic information about the accident that caused your injuries and some specific information about your situation. This is so that the attorney can offer legal advice. You can then speak to the attorney about your case, find out more about your options, and get answers to any questions you may have.
2) Hiring the attorney. If you decide to hire an attorney and file a claim, you will start working with the attorney and at this stage they can tell you what you will need to do next. If your attorney is working on a contingency fee basis, you will not even need to worry about legal costs. Once the attorney has recovered compensation or a settlement for you, the attorney will be paid from that money. At this stage, you will be assigned an attorney or primary contact and this will be the person at the law firm you can contact at any time if you have concerns, questions, or new information.
3) The claims process. Attorneys at full service law firms such as Flaxman Law Group can take care of all the details of the case. They will investigate the accident or incident that has led to your injuries. For example, if you have been in a bicycle accident in Hollywood or another city, the attorneys may work with private investigators, medical experts, and others to get more details and information. The attorneys will also draw up demands for the insurance company with medical bills and other evidence of damages. They will also file a claim or negotiate with the insurance carrier so that you can secure compensation.
4) Visiting a doctor and other professionals. If you have not been to a medical professional, your attorney will generally want you to see a doctor to start treatment and to document your injuries. If you need a car rental or other resources, your law firm may also be able to help with this.
5) Follow up. From time to time, you will get updates from the attorneys about the recovery process.
6) The settlement of the case. Once you have been awarded a court win or a settlement, you will need to receive the money. In some cases, your attorney may finalize subrogation, which will involve securing the compensation and even negotiating the costs related to your injuries.
Would you like to start the legal process today? Contact Flaxman Law Group for a free, no obligation case review to find out whether you have a case related to your injury.