If you have been in a truck accident in Hollywood or anywhere in Southern Florida, the clock is ticking. The moment you are in a crash, your choices can impact your claim and the compensation you receive. Even minor decisions on your part can have an impact on your financial and legal future.
If you have been in a trucking collision, you may wonder if and when you need to contact an attorney. The reality is that it is important to make this call as soon as you can. The sooner you make that contact, the faster you can get legal advice about your situation.
A truck accident attorney in Hollywood can advise you what to say and do at the scene of the accident and afterwards. If you are being pressured to sign documents or to make a statement, an attorney can step in to make sure you don’t hurt your case. They can negotiate with the insurance company representing the truck carrier.
An attorney can do several things:
- Work with accident reconstruction technology and experts to determine what caused the crash
- Work to clear up any confusion if you are unfairly being blamed for causing the crash
- Find all liable parties in your claim
- Help you understand whether you have a claim and find out how much it may be worth
- Explain your legal options to you, so you can make a decision about what to do next
- Help you understand the resources which might be available to you
- Answer your questions and address your concerns
- Work with expert witnesses and consultants to strengthen your claim
- Take care of the paperwork and claims process for you
- Aggressively pursue any compensation you may be entitled to
- Review any settlements or offers made to you and advise you about your options
- Represent you if your case works its way through the court system
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Keep you updated about the status of your case
After a trucking accident, you may be rushed to a hospital and may be unable to call an attorney right away. If you wake up in the hospital, you may find you are asked to sign papers or make big decisions, even if you are disoriented and in pain. If you find yourself in this situation, contact a Hollywood truck accident attorney before you do anything else.
The attorneys at Flaxman Law Group, for example, can offer immediate support over the phone or may be able to visit your hospital room, so you don’t have to face the legal and financial decisions of your situation alone. If you have been in a Hollywood truck accident, contact Flaxman Law Group today for a free, no obligation consultation.