If you have sustained a serious injury in Cooper City, Florida, you need a good medical team to get the appropriate treatment. The right doctor can communicate your diagnosis and can help you manage pain and treatment options. Whether you have been injured in a workplace accident, car crash, or through any other means, care and treatment gives you the best chance of recovering as fully as possible.
When you look for a doctor in Cooper City following a serious injury, you will want to:
- Think in terms of team: If you have a complex injury, especially, you may need a combination of professionals, including a primary care physician to oversee your overall and long-term care and specialists to tackle specific injuries. Don’t forget to seek the services of a counselor or other mental health professional if you need to. Serious injuries can result in trauma.
- Speak with doctors: Ask questions of doctors. Find out their approach to your injury and their experience with your type of injury. Look for a physician who answers your questions and takes time to make you feel comfortable. Your doctors should be your partners in care and you can speak with a few to find the right fit for you.
- Look for recommendations: Look for recommendations through support groups for your injury, through friends and family, and from others. Good doctors are often recommended by happy patients.
- Check certifications: The Florida Board of Medicine lets you look up doctors on their website, so you can verify they are certified and in good professional standing. You can even determine whether a doctor has had disciplinary actions taken against him or her. Which can help you find a quality provider.
- Think of the commute: When seeking a medical professional for your injury, consider how long and difficult the commute to see your physician might be. A local doctor or one offering virtual sessions may make it easier for you to get care when you need it.
- Understand which doctors are covered by your medical insurance: If you have suffered a work injury and are applying for workers’ compensation, you may initially need to see a doctor from a list your employer provides. Your medical plan may also determine which doctors you can see. Before seeing a physicians, make sure you’re not restricted by insurance.
- Understand how to pay for medical care: Medical costs after a serious injury can add up. If your injury may have been caused by negligence or recklessness or an intentional act, consult with a personal injury attorney to determine whether you have a claim so you can seek compensation to help pay for your medical care.
If you have been injured in a workplace injury, sport accident, traffic collision, or any other incident, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation. Our free, confidential consultation comes with no obligation and helps you determine whether you may have any legal claim to seek compensation to help you pay for quality medical care and other expenses.