It is unfortunate that Aventura personal injuries cause many legal claims and many hospital visits each year. The good news is that there are many things that you can do to help prevent accidents and injuries throughout the year:
1) Sign a no-texting pledge and a no-DUI pledge. Although Florida does not currently have a texting ban in place, it is still important to drive undistracted. Driving distracted increases your risk for an Aventura traffic accident or pedestrian accident. Turning your mobile device off each time you get in the car and keeping your full focus on driving helps you drive defensively and helps you avoid accidents. Of course, never drinking and driving also helps you to avoid Aventura car collisions.
2) Resolve to get healthy. Visit your doctor and your eye doctor at least once a year for a check up. Unresolved medical issues are a major cause of Aventura slip and fall accidents. Taking good care of yourself and getting check ups to resolve any issues which may not have obvious symptoms help keep you safe and can improve your life expectancy.
3) Get exercising – safely. Exercising is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions that people set. However, if you want to get in shape, you should also resolve to do so safely. That means visiting your doctor before embarking on any exercise program and starting slowly so that you can avoid Aventura sports injuries.
4) Make your home pleasant and safe. Renovating your home to make it pleasant can be one of your goals for 2012. However, make sure that you also take steps to make your home safe. Create an emergency kit and a written emergency plan. Buy smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and fire extinguishers for your home. Check your wiring and any cords in your home to replace any electrical devices or wiring that are worn or frayed. A few affordable safety precautions could help prevent a tragedy at your home.
5) Resolve to drive safely. Aventura car accidents are one of the major causes of personal injury in the city, and most drivers will be in at least one accident over the course of their driving years. The good news is that there are many things you can do to help prevent Aventura traffic accidents. Maintain your car correctly so that it responds properly in an emergency. Consider taking refresher courses, defensive driving courses, or racing classes to improve your driving skills; the skills you learn could help you save your life.
6) Take a CPR course. Knowing what to do in an emergency can help you help yourself or a loved one in an accident or emergency.
While precautions are important, so is finding a qualified personal injury attorney if you have been injured in an Aventura accident. If you are injured in a traffic accident or any type of accident, contact the Flaxman Law Group to arrange for a free consultation. Your free consultation comes with no obligation whatsoever and allows you to get insight into the laws that protect you and the steps you can take to protect yourself after an injury.