Falls, including slip and fall and trip and fall accidents, can occur anywhere. They routinely happen in stores, workplaces, gyms, and other public spots. While many people brush these off as “minor accidents,” they can be life changing.
Flaxman Law Group has spoken with many fall injury survivors in our Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood offices. Many are looking for a fall accident injury attorney because they have suffered serious fractures, brain trauma, or other severe or even permanent injury. Some people come to us because they have lost a loved one in a fall.
While many people think a fall is just an “accident,” in most cases these incidents are preventable. In addition, in many cases those who are injured do have the right to seek compensation if their injuries were caused by someone’s negligence. If you have suffered an injury in a fall, we invite you to call us at 866-352-9626 to speak to a member of the Flaxman Law Group legal team. Or contact us online to schedule a FREE, no obligation case consultation so we can talk about your options.
How To Prevent Falls
The best way to deal with falls is to take steps to prevent them and the injuries they can cause. Here’s how.
- Offer extra help to seniors and small children. They are most at risk of falls. Children may still be developing their motor skills and need extra supervision as they’re learning to get around. Seniors may have medical conditions which affect their ability to walk. They can benefit from medical supervision and accessibility features in their home to keep them safe.
- Get regular vision, hearing, and health checkups. Undiagnosed medical conditions can affect your balance and ability to prevent falls. If you notice any new symptoms, especially, seek medical help.
- Take care of your health. Maintaining a healthy diet, exercise program, and good sleep schedule helps you maintain your mobility as you age. Good health and rest can also help you stay more agile and less likely to fall.
- Review your medications regularly. Talk to your pharmacist about any medications you’re taking, including any over the counter supplements or medications you’re using. Your pharmacist can check for any drug interactions or potential side effects that can make you vulnerable to falls.
- Wear sturdy shoes. Look for shoes that fit well and don’t come off your feet. Sturdy soles that provide plenty of traction can also help you prevent some slip and fall accidents.
- Avoid dragging hems. These can pose a tripping risk.
- Make your home safer. Use motion-activated lights to light up walkways, stairs, and hallways at night. Keep floors free of debris and clutter and if you have rugs or carpet make sure they are well secured to the floor, with no loose corners or threads that can pose a hazard.
Have You Been Injured Because of a Fall?
Call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to speak to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with an attorney who can answer your questions. Our phone lines are staffed 24/7, so you can always reach someone. Or contact us online to set up your free consultation.