Whether you are celebrating the Fourth of July in Homestead, Miami, Hollywood, or any other community, the legal team the Flaxman Law Group would like to wish you a pleasant and safe holiday weekend.
This year is of course different than past ones, with many Floridians concerned about COVID-19. This year, you can stay safer by:
- Avoiding crowds
- Social distancing
- Wearing a mask in public places indoors and when social distancing is not possible
- Washing your hands often
- Celebrating at home rather than heading to areas with many tourists
- Following any directives and information provided by public health authorities
- Self-isolating if you have symptoms or may have been exposed
In addition to COVID-19 precautions, there are other ways to stay safe this weekend:
- Practice smart water safety: If you swim this weekend, remember to avoid swimming alone and to always enjoy any water activities sober. Watch children around pools and water areas and secure your pool area, if you have one.
- Check in with elderly loved ones: Don’t forget to check in with family members and friends who are in nursing homes or care facilities. They appreciate it during holidays and maintaining good communication is important to help prevent elder abuse and neglect.
- Be safe with fireworks: This year, some fireworks shows have been cancelled in an effort to reduce crowds. As a result, many people are interested in creating their own displays. If you are doing that, make sure you check local ordinances about fireworks and use caution. Always follow directions on the fireworks and buy your fireworks from a reputable source. Unfortunately, eye injuries, burn injuries, and even fires are a danger with home fireworks.
If you are injured by someone’s negligence or recklessness, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Homestead injury attorney. Our phone lines are staffed, even during the holiday weekend, if you think you may have a legal claim.