It’s not too late to pick up thoughtful gifts for loved ones for the holidays. Even better—you can buy gifts which can help your loved ones stay safe all year long. Consider these presents, which can reduce the risk of personal injury:
- Racing lessons: If you have a new driver on your holiday shopping list, racing lessons can help them gain more confidence behind the wheel and can help them develop skills they can use on the road. This is also a very fun gift for virtually every driver on your list.
- Driving lessons: Teens have a limited amount of time behind the wheel in most driver’s education classes. Consider buying added one-on-one classes with an experienced instructor or defensive driving classes, which can help teens learn how to avoid a car collision in Miami. This is a gift which keeps on giving and can even help teens lower their insurance costs.
- Swimming lessons: Do you have a toddler or a young child on your list? Consider a pool toy plus swimming lessons. In an average year, there are 397 drownings involving young children and in 2020 alone there were over 5000 non-fatal pool and spa injuries. Swimming lessons can help children learn water safety and can reduce the risk of pool injuries.
- A car emergency kit: Some studies show about 77% of drivers have been in a car accident. A great gift for any driver on your list is a custom emergency kit, which can include a blanket, tool kit, first aid kit, food, water, road flares, flashlight, and jumper cables. A great stocking stuffer for drivers is an escape tool. These tools can cut through seatbelts and smash through car glass, letting a driver or passenger escape in an emergency. Some even have whistles which let drivers call for help.
- A car tune-up: Many auto body shops let you buy gift certificates or gift cards, and these make great gifts for any driver on your list. Motorists can use gift certificates to keep their cars in good condition, reducing the risk of mechanical issues which can lead to a crash.
- Exercise classes for seniors: Staying fit into senior years can help reduce the risk of trip and fall accidents, can lower the risk of serious disease, and can enhance mobility, which can reduce the risk of injury. A gym membership to a facility with senior programs makes a great gift.
- Home modifications: Grab bars for the bathroom, personal emergency alarms, first aid kits, and other safety tools are thoughtful gifts that keep loved ones safe. In addition, no-slip stickers people can put on their rugs to prevent slip and fall accidents make great stocking stuffers.
At Flaxman Law Group, we wish you and your loved ones a safe and happy holiday season. If you are injured and need to consult with an attorney over the holidays, the Flaxman Law Group phone lines at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) will continue to be open so you can reach a live person to schedule a free consultation with a Miami injury claims attorney.