If you have been injured in a Hallandale Beach car accident, at a business, or in someone`s home, you should consult with a Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney before you make any final decisions about your case. You may have insurance that covers your expenses in the accident, but in many cases insurance will not cover all the long-term and secondary costs of your accident. For example, if you have been in a Hallandale Beach traffic accident, your insurance carrier may cover damage to your car and some of your medical costs. However, long-term medical costs and lost income may not be covered. The gap between what your insurance provider is willing to pay you and the total, actual costs of your injuries may amount to many thousands of dollars – or more. That is why it is important to contact an attorney. After an accident, a Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney can do many things:
1) A personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights. Unless you have years of legal experience or a law degree, you may not be familiar with all the Florida laws that govern your particular situation. You may not know about the statutes of limitations that limit your ability to pursue legal action after a certain amount of time, and you may not realize that you may be signing away part of your right to pursue legal action when you sign some insurance papers. An experienced attorney can help you understand all the laws which pertain to your case, so that you can make an informed decision.
2) A personal injury attorney can help you understand your options. Many people assume that they can either sue or accept an insurance offer. However, there may be other options. There may be multiple liable parties in your case, and negotiating with your insurance provider can help you get a fairer claim amount. A qualified Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney can help you understand all your options so that you can make the right decision for you.
3) A qualified attorney can help investigate the accident. A good Hallandale Beach personal injury lawyer can get answers about an accident or injury so that you can enjoy some closure and peace of mind. Most attorneys work with private investigators, and these professionals can help you understand the causes for your injury and accident. Investigations may also reveal additional liable parties in your case.
4) A good attorney can give you advice. Attorneys can offer not only legal advice, but can also help you find a specialist, medical professional, car mechanic, and other professionals who may be able to help you as you try to recover from your injuries.
5) A qualified Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney can represent you in court or in negotiations. If you retain a Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney, he or she can negotiate on your behalf with your insurance carrier or can represent you if you decide to pursue legal action against the liable parties in your case.
If you have sustained an injury, your best option may be to contact a qualified Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney right away. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today to arrange for a free consultation to discuss your case.