If you have been in a Florida truck accident that has resulted only in a fender bender, you can often handle the claim through your insurance provider. However, most Florida car accidents involving a truck do not end so happily. Many serious Florida brain injuries, amputations, fatalities, spinal cord injuries, and other serious injuries occur each year as a result of truck accidents. There are many reasons besides these why you may wish to see a Florida personal injury attorney immediately:
1) Someone has been injured in the accident. If you or a passenger have sustained a serious or permanent injury, you need to speak to a qualified Florida personal injury attorney at once. Florida spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, brain injuries, and other serious injuries caused by truck accidents can be very costly to treat and most insurance policies only cover a fraction of the total costs over time. It is important to speak to a good attorney to protect your financial future.
2) You have lost significant time away from work or other duties due to the accident. With lost income, you may need to go into debt or face financial hardship due to the accident. Some people even find themselves facing bankruptcy or foreclosure after a serious Florida pedestrian accident, car accident, or truck accident. A good attorney can ensure that you are compensated for the income you have lost.
3) Fault and liability are an issue. If you are being accused of causing the accident or if it looks as though your claim amount may be reduced due to liability issues, it is important to consult with an experienced Florida personal injury attorney. If a police report suggests that you are at fault or contains errors or inaccuracies, it is also vital to speak to a Florida lawyer. A good attorney can ensure that your rights are protected.
4) The accident was complex. If pedestrians or multiple cars are involved in a Florida car accident, liability issues and damages become more complicated. In this case, it is often best to work with a Florida truck accident attorney who has extensive experience in examining the details of complicated accidents.
5) If the accident involves a government vehicle or takes place in a construction site. These situations are legally more complex. Government employees are protected and it may be harder for you to recover all the damages needed for your medical bills, for example, if you are involved in an accident with a government truck. Construction site accidents are also more complex because determining liability in these cases is often challenging.
6) You start to have insurance problems. You rely on your insurance to protect you in the event of an accident. However, if after your accident you find that your liability coverage is too low or if your insurance companies claims you are not covered, it is time to speak with a qualified attorney. Similarly, if your insurance provider stops taking your calls or starts to act unusual or has you speak with the insurer’s attorney, it is imperative to involve a very good Florida personal injury attorney on your behalf. Insurance problems can be very costly and often a good attorney can better resolve these issues.
If any of the following apply to you, contact the qualified and experienced legal team at the Flaxman Law Group. The Flaxman Law Group has successfully helped thousands of Florida trucking accident and personal injury claimants in Hollywood, Miami, Homestead, and surrounding south Florida communities. Contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free, no-obligation appointment to discuss your case.