If you have been in a serious Aventura traffic accident, such as a truck accident, it is a very good idea to speak to an Aventura personal injury attorney who specializes in truck accidents. While it is possible to handle the matter without going to an attorney, there are many reasons why an attorney is important:
1) Insurance companies and truck carriers are often looking for an inexpensive and fast settlement, while an attorney will look for a fair settlement for you. It is often a mistake to settle too quickly and it is certainly a mistake to settle for a compensation or claims amount without speaking to an attorney. An attorney can help you understand the total costs of your injuries and can help you ask the questions you need to ask in order to get fair compensation. In addition, you may not even understand the full extent of your injuries until you have spoken to medical specialists and an attorney can work with you to ensure that you have a very thorough investigation of your injuries.
2) Aventura personal injury attorneys can advise you of your rights. In many cases, you may not know all the Florida laws which protect you after an accident. An experienced attorney can help you understand the law as it applies to your specific case and can help you understand what options you have, so that you can make an informed choice.
3) An Aventura traffic accident attorney can investigate the cause of the accident and find all liable parties. This can be important in clearing your name and ensuring that you are not blamed for an accident that was not your fault. Finding all liable parties is also important in getting a fair settlement – one that covers as many of your costs as possible.
4) An Aventura personal injury attorney has worked with others in your situation and can help advise you about next steps. An attorney may steer you towards the medical help and the resources that are available, since many attorneys have worked with accident victims before and are aware of the options available for injuries.
5) Speaking with an Aventura personal injury attorney does not mean filing a lawsuit. An attorney can advise you of your rights, offer advice about a claims offer, review the terms of your insurance policy, help negotiate with your insurance company, and more. If you do decide to pursue a legal claim, an attorney can also obviously help with that. If you are concerned about costs, keep in mind that many attorneys offer an initial free consultation and are even willing to work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you will not have to pay your legal costs until and unless you win in court or reach an out-of-court settlement.
6) Most truck accidents involve commercial vehicles. This can make Aventura truck accidents more complex than car accidents, since insurance companies working for truck carriers usually have plenty of resources and are looking to resolve claims with as little cost as possible. Working with an attorney ensures that there is someone on your side looking out for your rights.
If you are ready to speak to a personal injiry attorney after your truck accident, contact the Flaxman Law Group. The Flaxman Law Group legal team has decades of experience helping Florida truck accident survivors from all walks of life. Call today for a free consultation to learn more about what an attorney can do for you.