If you have been in a Hialeah car accident or have suffered any injury, you may decide to speak with a Hialeah personal injury attorney. After all, speaking with a personal injury attorney can help apprise you of your rights, can help you get answers, can help you protect your interests, and can help ensure that you get the fairest compensation possible. In most cases, speaking with a personal injury attorney if you have been seriously injured is one of the smartest things you can do. Most Hialeah personal injury attorneys understand how frightening it can be to consult with an attorney – especially if you have heard about the high costs of legal advice – which is why many personal injury attorneys offer free consultations.
Your initial consultation with a Hialeah personal injury attorney is your chance to discuss your case with a legal professional. It can get you some answers about your case, so that you can make the best decision about what to do next. To get yourself ready for your consultation, there are several things you can expect:
1) You can usually get a consultation by calling a Hialeah personal injury attorney, but you will want to make an appointment with an attorney who handles your type of injury case specifically. For example, if you have been injured in a Hialeah bicycle accident, make an appointment with an attorney who has handled Hialeah bicycle accident injury cases before. You can usually ask over the phone about an attorney`s experience with cases similar to yours.
2) A Hialeah personal injury attorney is useful if you have been seriously injured. In general, you should arrange for a consultation with a personal injury lawyer if you have an injury that will require medical care and possibly some time off work. This is because an attorney can seek compensation for damages, medical costs, lost income, and other expenses related to your injury. If you have been in an accident but have sustained no injuries or damages, there is a limit to the legal claim you can make. If you are not sure whether your injuries are serious enough to merit an attorney, call a personal injury attorney who specializes in your type of injury. In some cases, they can tell you over the phone whether you have a case.
3) You should look for a Hialeah personal injury lawyer who offers free, no obligation consultations. It is important that the consultation costs no money, since you may already be facing medical costs and other expenses if you have sustained a Hialeah head injury or any serious injury. It is also important that the consultation comes with no obligation, so that you can choose not to pursue a legal case or work with a specific attorney if you decide that is not something you want.
4) You need to prepare for your consultation to get the most of it. Bring all documents and facts related to your case. For example, if you have been in a Hialeah car accident, bring any information you have from your insurance company, details about your car, any police reports or medical records related to the accident, and any other documentation that may be relevant. The more information you have, the more accurately the attorney can evaluate your case. In addition to bringing documentation, you may also wish to write down any questions you may have for the attorney, so that you do not forget.
5) Consider what a consultation can and cannot do. A consultation with any attorney is meant to give you a sense of your legal rights and options. An attorney can also help you understand how much your case is worth and the relative strength of your case. Once your consultation is complete, your attorney may have recommendations about what you can do in your case. You will then have the option of working with the attorney or deciding not to pursue the case. The consultation will not be able to guarantee the outcome of your case and will not resolve the issue in most cases.
If you need a Hialeah personal injury attorney after an accident or injury, contact the Flaxman Law Group to arrange for a free, no obligation consultation. The legal staff at the Flaxman Law Group have decades of experience with many types of South Florida personal injury cases, including truck accident cases, brain injuries, traffic accidents, spinal cord injuries, and many other cases.