Every resident of Miami, Homestead, Hollywood, and every South Florida community is at risk of a serious injury. No matter your age, income, habits, lifestyle, or gender, you can’t predict the unexpected. The legal team at Flaxman Law Group has worked with many Florida residents seeking a personal injury attorney. Many of them tell us “I never expected this to happen to me.”
We genuinely hope you’re never seriously injured. But with tens of millions of Americans seeking medical attention each year due to unexpected injury, it’s best to be prepared.
The first thing you need to be aware of is the importance of carefully weighing your options after a serious accident or injury.
The Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
In Florida, some of the most common types of personal include claims include:
- Car Accidents. In Florida, there were over 400,000 traffic accidents in 2021 alone. Over half involved injuries.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycle accidents can be especially dangerous for riders, because riders can be thrown from their bikes and sustain serious head, spinal cord, or internal injuries.
- Truck Accident. Truck accidents involving big rigs, tankers, and other commercial vehicles generate enough force to cause catastrophic or even fatal injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles.
- Vehicle Accidents. Any vehicle using the road can be involved in an accident. Drivers of passenger cars may be less likely to see a bicycle, ATV, or other smaller vehicle, which can increase the risk of a crash.
- Medical Malpractice. Medical malpractice happens when a medical professional or medical facility in negligent in providing a reasonable standard of care. When this happens, misdiagnosis, wrong site surgery, incorrect medication dosage, and other issues can cause serious harm to patients.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence. Nursing homes can sometimes be understaffed or these facilities may not take due care in training and vetting workers. When this happens, residents can suffer negligence or even emotional, physical, financial, or sexual abuse at the hands of those who are supposed to protect them.
- Construction Accidents. Construction work sites are busy workplaces with heavy machinery and many people. Both people working on the site and visitors to the site can suffer from serious injuries, including burns, chemical exposure, machinery accidents, and other types of injuries.
- Property Damage. In situations where a person’s home or property has been damaged due to poor contractor services or another form of negligence, they may have a claim. Seeking compensation in these cases can help property owners seek the right repairs.
- Premises Liability. In stores, hotels, workplaces, and other public places visitors have an expectation that the owners of the property have taken reasonable steps to ensure safety. This can be by installing security cameras or bright lighting. It can be hiring a security guard. When property owners are negligent about security and someone is injured, the injured party may have a claim.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Florida is among the leading states for pedestrian accidents, which can happen when drivers fail to stop at intersections or fail to yield right-of-way.
- Products Liability. Dangerous products find their way to our stores, and if we’re injured by them we may be able to seek compensation from the designers, manufactures, and sometimes even the retailers of the product.
- Workplace injuries. In most cases, injuries on the job are covered by workers’ compensation insurance, which should pay for lost income and all required medical care. In reality, many workers choose to work with a lawyer to make sure they get fair benefits. Some even find they have a third-party claim in their case.
- Wrongful Death. When someone suffers fatal injuries because of someone else’s negligence, the family of the victim can pursue a wrongful death claim. This can help the surviving family pay for funeral expenses, medical expenses, and other costs during a difficult time.
- Injuries to Minors and Children. Birth injuries, school injuries, and other injuries can occur to children and teens. When they do, this can affect a child’s entire future, and their parents or caregivers may have the right to pursue a claim.
- Sports Injury. When injuries happen on a sports field or in practice, there can be multiple liable parties. These can include the owner of the property where the injuries took place, the manufacturer of the sports equipment an athlete was wearing, or the coaching and athletic program staff.
- Burn Injuries. Burn injuries can be devastating. Too often, they lead to cruel remarks from others and even loss of mobility. Medical insurance policies sometimes refuse to cover treatment, alleging that burn injuries are cosmetic. Patients may need to work with an attorney to get fair compensation.
No matter what kind of injury you’ve suffered, it’s natural to have questions. If you do, get in touch with the Flaxman Law Group to schedule a free, no obligation case consultation. You can do this by calling 866-352-9626 to reach a live representative 24/7. Our three offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood are here to serve you.