Losing a loved one in a Miami Gardens trucking accident or sustaining a serious injury in an accident can result in months or even years of grief and recovery. The impact of a serious Miami Gardens traffic accident can be far-reaching and can include:
1) Physical symptoms. The first six to twelve months after losing a loved one in a Miami Gardens car accident or truck accident can include many physical symptoms. The same is true if you yourself have been injured seriously in a traffic accident. The physical symptoms vary widely from person to person but may include insomnia, tension headaches, and other symptoms. Some survivors find themselves more prone to accidents because they are distracted by grief or more prone to physical illness since stress and grief can wear down the immune system. If you have any physical symptoms, it is important to speak with a doctor about them to get the appropriate help.
2) Recovery from injury. If you have been injured in a Miami Gardens truck collision, you may have to endure pain as well as prolonged medical treatment in order to regain mobility and resume your daily life. If you have also lost a loved one in the same accident that injured you, it may be difficult to focus on healing when you are also grieving.
3) Emotional symptoms. Symptoms such as denial, anger, fear, guilt, and depression are common after a serious car accident. They may affect your ability to complete everyday tasks or even work. If you are having trouble emotionally after an accident, it is important to seek counseling or help. In some cases, these symptoms may not go away by themselves and may require medical intervention.
4) Financial impact. The financial impact of a Miami Gardens truck crash can be immense. If you have lost a loved one, the final medical expenses and memorial expenses may add up to tens of thousands of dollars or even more. If you have been seriously or permanently injured, you may face hundreds of thousands of dollars or even more in medical bills. In addition, you may lose income if you cannot work after the accident and you may need to repair or replace the car and property damaged in the accident. In some cases, survivors find that they face bankruptcy due to the cost of their injuries. For this reason, it is important to consult with an experienced Miami Gardens personal injury attorney if you have sustained a loss or injury in a traffic accident. An attorney can tell you whether you are qualified for compensation due to your accident.
5) Stress disorders. Some survivors of Miami Gardens traffic accidents may experience Acute Stress Disorder (ASD) or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), serious illnesses that can mean depression, flashbacks, and other symptoms for sufferers. PTSD and ASD are both treatable, but both require medical help.
Have you been injured in a Miami Gardens truck accident or traffic accident? The team at the Flaxman Law Group have helped thousands of South Florida survivors over the past 25 years. The full-service law firm is also pleased to offer a free, no obligation case evaluation to all new clients, so if you have been injured feel free to call today.