Being in a truck accident in Hollywood or anywhere South Florida can be devastating. The injuries resulting from this type of crash are often considerable and maybe life-changing. The financial impact due to your injuries and your inability to return to work immediately can last for years. In these situations, hiring the right truck accident attorney is one of the most important decisions you may make.
You can easily find truck accident attorneys in Hollywood by searching online or by checking directories. However, how can you compare different attorneys to find the right one for you? There are a few things you should look for:
- What kinds of cases has the attorney handled before? Look for an experienced attorney who has handled many personal injury and truck accident cases specifically. Truck accident cases are different than cases involving passenger cars, so look for an attorney who is experienced in dealing with insurance companies representing commercial clients. For example, at Flaxman Law Group, our founder has handled thousands of cases, including truck accident cases and before dedicating his life to the law he worked for the insurance industry, meaning he has insurance experience from both sides of the court room and can use this experience to strengthen your case.
- What is their track record? Look for an attorney who has a track record of success. Ultimately, you want someone you know can be successful. The legal team at Flaxman Law Group, for example, has more than six decades of combined experience and has recovered tens of millions of dollars on behalf of thousands of clients.
- What kind of resources to do they have? Look for an attorney who has the ability to get expert witnesses on your case, medical experts, investigators, and more. Flaxman Law Group, for instance, works with a network of accident reconstruction expert and other professionals.
- How happy are other clients? Look for references and testimonials from other clients, showing how well the attorney works with others.
- Does the attorney work on a contingency fee basis? If you’ve been in a trucking accident, you may be worried about paying for legal costs. If you work with an attorney who works on contingency, you will not have to pay for legal fees until and unless the case is settled out of court or you win at trial. When this happens, the attorney will take their costs plus the fee out of the proceeds of settlement, allowing you to pursue a legitimate claim now, without having to pay for all the costs upfront. If you think you may need your attorney to work on contingency, be sure to ask about fees and the process.
- How do you feel about the attorney? You need to feel comfortable with your attorney, especially since you may be working together for a while and you may need to share some sensitive details or personal information with them. Look for an attorney who makes you feel confident and who treats you well and provides the services you need.
If you need an experienced truck accident attorney in Hollywood, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation.