Safety is one of the most important gifts you can give–and it is something you can gift. If you still have a few names on your holiday gift list and you’re wondering what to get loved ones in Homestead and Florida, here are some ideas to keep loved ones safer all year long:
- A disaster preparedness kit. Florida sees its share of extreme weather, yet not everyone has an emergency kit. Some stores sell prepared grab-and-go preparedness kits, but you can also create one yourself. To create a preparedness kit, pack non-perishable food, water, first aid kit, blankets, and other necessary items in a sturdy duffel bag. You can use the Florida Division of Emergency Management checklist to get an idea of what to include.
- CPR classes. CPR and first-aid classes look great on a resume and could help friends and family help themselves or a loved one in an emergency.
- Swimming lessons. If you have any young children in your life, get them swimming lessons if they’re not signed up already. Many drowning and near drowning incidents in Homestead and Florida each year are preventable and these accidents are more likely to lead to fatalities among those who cannot swim well.
- First aid kits. First aid kits for the car, home, and office make a great gift. These are the types of items which many people do not buy for themselves, but these kits can make a huge difference in the event of an accident.
- Reflective clothing. If you have joggers or bicyclists on your list, reflective clothing, bike stickers, and reflective items in general make great stocking suffers and can help prevent Homestead and Florida bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents by keeping your loved ones visible to drivers.
- Boating lessons. Do you know someone who is interested in boats? Lessons or additional lessons are a great way to keep them safe on the water.
- Security systems. Modern systems not only help keep a home safe from thieves, but they can act as emergency systems in the event of a medical emergency and may even be able to detect carbon monoxide and fire and call for emergency help in such events. Security systems are especially good gifts for young families and from older individuals who want added security as well as independence.
The entire team at Flaxman Law Group would like to wish you and your loved ones a safe and wonderful holiday season and a happy and prosperous new year. If you need any legal advice or representation following an injury over the holidays or at any point in 2019, you can always call Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) to schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a Homestead personal injury attorney.