If you are travelling in Miami, Hollywood, or anywhere in southern Florida, of course you want to have a stress-free and wonderful vacation, one you remember for many years to come. The last thing you want is to remember your vacation as a painful experience. Taking a few steps before you travel can help you avoid travel injuries while on vacation.
Before traveling, reduce your risk of injury by:
- Checking reviews before you travel. When planning your itinerary, look for qualified for operators, trusted hotels, and travel experiences which other tourists find safe and pleasant. You should ask about safety measures and safety precautions taken to keep you safe.
- Reviewing maps and conditions before you travel. Know what the weather conditions will be like and prepare yourself for crowds or roadwork, especially if you will be driving. Adjust your travel plans to ensure you aren’t put at risk due to poor visibility, inclement weather, or crowding.
- Considering leaving the driving to someone else. Driving in an unfamiliar city can put you at risk. You may not be aware of local signs and hazards and trying to get around while keeping one eye on a map or GPS system can be difficult. If you are driving and looking at sights, too, you may be too distracted to drive safely. If Southern Florida, the heat and crowds can also make driving more challenging. If you are not sure about your ability to drive safely, consider using a trusted tour operator, public transit, or a taxi to get around. Ask your hotel whether they have a shuttle for guest use.
- Getting the right insurance. If you are injured during your trip, make sure you are covered. Get the insurance you need to pay for lost luggage, theft, rental car accidents, health problems, and any other issues which can arise. Review your insurance policies so you understand what is and isn’t covered.
- Keeping your car in good shape. If you do decide to drive to Hollywood or South Florida, get your car tuned up. In the Florida heat, you want to ensure your vehicle operates correctly and will not overheat.
- Planning to drink responsibly. Drinking puts you at risk of mugging, poor decision-making, and DUI accidents. If you plan to drink, make sure you can get back to your hotel safely. Keep a list of local cab numbers in your phone and have money on hand to return safely. Try to drink moderately and keep in mind sun and heat can exacerbate the effects of drinking.
If you have been injured on vacation and would like to review your legal options, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN). Our law firm can arrange a free consultation for you with a Hollywood personal injury attorney, so you can discuss your potential case with someone who is familiar with local laws and the local justice system.