This New Year, the entire team at Flaxman Law Group want to wish you a healthy, happy, prosperous, and safe 2020. As part of our efforts to ensure that residents of Homestead, Hollywood, Miami and other Florida communities get to live their healthiest and safest lives, we have put together our best tips for staying safe all year long:
- Focus on one thing: Multitasking is not only proven to make you inefficient, but it can also be dangerous. Whether you work in an office, factory, or other environment, you can put yourself at risk of a workplace injury in your Hollywood or Florida community if you are distracted. Even when driving or going about your everyday tasks, you can be in a pedestrian or vehicle collision or cause yourself serious injury if you are not paying attention.
- Get more sleep: Fatigue can be a major contributor to car accidents, workplace injuries, and other injuries. When you are tired, your response times are slower and you are more likely to make mistakes. Your mobility and coordination can be affected, in some cases to the same degree as if you had been drinking. In addition, if you are very tired your body may fall into what researchers call “micro sleeps.” You may not be aware of yourself blacking out for a fraction of a second at a time, but that fraction of a second can be enough time to sustain a serious injury.
- Cross off three non-essential things from your to-do list every day: One of the reasons many injuries occur and why many of us are attempting to multitask is because of overburdened schedules. When you practice good time management you have more time to sleep and more time to focus fully on each task. This makes you not only more efficient but also safer. By eliminating any unnecessary tasks from your list and by leveraging or outsourcing some of your tasks, you have more time to rest and more time to complete everything
- Sign up for alerts to keep track of recalls: The consumer goods you use everyday can pose a risk. Regulatory agencies simply can’t control every item been shipped into the country and sold in stores or online. You can help reduce your risk of dangerous product by using good common sense. Purchase from reputable brands and retailers and always look over products for obvious dangers before using them. Since not all recalls are widely mentioned on media, set up an alert on your phone or device so you’re informed of any recalls or alerts which could impact you.
- Make doctors’ appointments now: Vision problems, drowsiness, restless sleep, and other seemingly minor health issues can put you at a greater risk of injury. Even simply having the wrong medication can result in side effects which can impact your safety. If it has been some time, visit your eye doctor and your general practitioner to make sure your health is in good shape.
- Get in tune with your emotions and physical well-being: You are more at risk of serious injury when you are upset, distracted, sick, and otherwise not focused and at your best. Get into a mindfulness practice to tackle stress and to keep your focus.
Contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Hollywood, Homestead, or Miami if you have been injured and think you may have a claim. Our attorneys can help you understand your next steps.