The majority of truck and car accidents in Miami Beach and other South Florida communities occur due to driver error. However, there are number of hazards that can contribute to driver error and can increase the risk of a traffic accident:
1) Poor weather. Inclement weather – including severe storms, rains, and other weather patterns — can reduce visibility, cause debris to fly out onto the road, and create slick conditions that can increase the risk of a traffic accident in Miami Beach. If you’re going to be driving for a long time, especially, it is important to check weather reports and make sure that you are prepared for any weather conditions that may arise. Keeping your car in good condition is also important to help avoid weather-related car accidents. Properly working brakes, windshield wipers, and other car components can increase the likelihood of avoiding a collision.
2) Traffic congestion. Heavy traffic can increase the risk of a car accident or truck accident in Miami Beach and other communities for a number of reasons. Traffic congestion can increase instances of road rage and impatience, for instance, which can lead to accidents. In addition, heavy traffic can make it harder to see around vehicles in front of you, increasing the risk of an accident. Heavy traffic can be especially dangerous because in high-traffic situations, accidents involving multiple vehicles are more likely. To avoid an accident caused by this issue, listen to traffic reports so that you can avoid traffic delays.
3) Secondary car accidents. Accidents can easily lead to secondary traffic collisions. When one accident occurs, other drivers may slow down to look or may become distracted by the collision. In addition, a serious car accident or truck accident in Miami Beach can cause debris to fly back towards traffic, potentially leading to other accidents.
4) Road work and construction sites. Construction sites and road work can be a distraction for drivers and can increase the risk of an accident. In many cases, road work, especially, can cause detours, obstacles, and debris, all of which can lead to a traffic collision. Avoiding road work and construction is one way to avoid collisions. Try to find alternative routes around known construction areas and work sites.
5) Road conditions. Potholes, poorly constructed roads, and other issues can easily lead to serious car accidents and traffic accidents in Miami Beach and other communities. When municipalities are negligent in maintaining roads correctly and when this negligence leads to injuries and accidents, personal injury victims in Miami Beach and other communities can seek compensation through a legal claim.
Have you been injured in a serious traffic accident in Miami Beach or another South Florida community? You can always contact the Flaxman Law Group legal team to discuss your case with a personal injury attorney. Your initial consultation is free and comes with absolutely no obligation. The Flaxman Law Group legal staff has been part of the South Florida legal community for decades and has a track record of securing compensation for personal injury victims across South Florida.