The risk of developing cancers due to occupational exposures remains a significant concern for many employees. As a family law firm with offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood Flaxman Law Group has worked with many workers who have developed cancer due to unsafe working conditions. If this has happened to you, contact our compassionate father-son team of attorneys to discuss your next steps. Your first consultation with us is always free and comes with no obligation.
The Link Between Occupational Exposures and Cancer
Certain occupations carry a higher risk of exposing workers to carcinogenic substances, putting them at an increased likelihood of developing cancers. Carcinogens can range from asbestos and benzene in construction to hazardous chemicals in manufacturing and even prolonged exposure to sunlight in outdoor work settings. These exposures can result in various forms of cancer, including lung, skin, bladder, and more.
Florida Workers’ Compensation
Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance designed to provide benefits to employees who suffer work-related injuries or illnesses. This includes cancers that arise due to occupational exposures. If an employee can establish a direct link between their workplace environment and the development of cancer, they may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits.
However, establishing this link can be complex. Cancers can take years to manifest after exposure, making it challenging to definitively attribute them to a particular work environment. Additionally, pre-existing health conditions and lifestyle factors can also contribute to cancer, and it can be challenging to determine what played a role in the diagnosis.
In addition, you may no longer be working at the site where you were exposed to carcinogens. You may not be aware of the exposure or the business may have even closed.
This is where an experienced Florida workers’ compensation attorney becomes invaluable.
Working with Flaxman Law Group
Flaxman Law Group has worked with thousands of injured workers and people on workers’ compensation and personal injury cases. We have recovered over $100 million in advocating for the rights of injured workers and Florida residents. Here’s what our father-son attorney team can do:
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of your case, reviewing medical records, workplace conditions, and exposure history to determine if there’s a valid claim.
- Work to overcome challenges, such as business that exposed workers to dangers but which has now closed.
- Work closely with medical experts who can analyze your medical history and establish a connection between your cancer and workplace exposures.
- Gather evidence, such as medical records, work-related documentation, and witness statements, to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiate with insurance companies to ensure you receive fair compensation for damages incurred due to your cancer diagnosis.
- Take your case to court, if necessary, to seek the compensation you deserve.
If you’ve developed cancer as a result of your work environment, contact Flaxman Law Group today to discuss your case and take the first step towards seeking rightful compensation. You can always reach us at 866-352-9626 or contact us online to set up your free consultation. Our compassionate team is a family law firm with a father-son attorney team. We’re passionate about fighting for those who have been harmed.