With Valentine’s Day coming up, many people have plans with loved ones. While this is a time of year to celebrate love, you will want to take steps to ensure the holiday is a safe one. Here’s how:
- Plan to get home sober: If you plan on having champagne or wine with a Valentine’s dinner, make sure you don’t end up with a DUI or a Hollywood car collision. Plan ahead to ensure one of you is sober or plan on taking a taxi.
- Consider which gifts are safe: When choosing your Valentine’s gifts, keep safety in mind. If your loved ones has allergies, check to make sure you’re not handing over anything with hidden allergens. Check for sharp edges as well.
- Use caution when dating online: An online dating site is fun and a way to find someone to go out with for the evening, but use caution. Never reveal identifying information which could be used to steal your identity. Never wire money or information and use caution; if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. If you are meeting someone you met online, make sure you meet in a well-lit, public space and have a friend check in during the night. Do not go anywhere alone with someone you do not know.
- Use caution when going out with valuables: You may want to dress up with a special piece of jewelry or may want to give a special, valuable item as a gift. In both cases, use caution and do not make the item obvious. Consider going somewhere with good lighting, valet service, and good security to avoid becoming the victim of theft.
- Wait to post plans and pictures online: Waiting a few days before posting ensures no one knows your home is empty or will be empty at a specific time.
- Make your home look occupied: Thieves and burglars know Valentine’s day is a popular time for date night, so they may be looking for homes which look empty. Use lights and timers to make your home look busy.
- Use extra caution with candles and home-cooked dinners: Candle-lit dinners can be very romantic, but be careful about burns and fires in your Hollywood home. Never leave candles or stoves unattended and make sure you extinguish candles and turn off the oven before you leave the room.
The team at Flaxman Law Group wishes you a happy Valentine’s Day. If you have been injured and would like to speak to a live person, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood personal injury attorney. Our phone lines are staffed 24/7, so there is always someone you can reach if you have been injured.
Flaxman Law Group has offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood and our legal team has more than six decades of experience helping injured persons across South Florida. Our team has recovered millions on dollars on behalf of thousands of plaintiffs and in a free consultation we can help you understand whether you have a legal claim.