There’s no law requiring you to hire a Florida personal injury attorney if you’ve been injured in Hollywood, Miami, or any other Florida community. You can simply absorb the costs of your injury or submit a claim with your insurance company yourself.
Despite this, many injured people call the attorneys at Flaxman Law Group if they’re injured in a workplace accident, car collision, or other situation. Our clients tell us that working with an attorney is important to them.
If you have a claim, an attorney may be able to help you in a few ways:
- Your lawyer can help you make a decision. Even deciding whether to pursue a claim or to file an insurance claim can be daunting. You might not know what is best in your situation. An experienced personal injury attorney can explain the laws that could affect your case, go over your options, and help you make an informed decision about what to do next.
- Your attorney can pursue fair compensation. One of the biggest benefits of working with a personal injury attorney in Florida is that they can pursue financial recovery for you if you qualify. They can identify possible liable parties, build a strong case, negotiate, and refuse lowball offers, all in an effort to make sure you have more resources to pay for lost income, medical costs, and other expenses related to your injury.
- You can focus on healing. Pursuing a claim is stressful and time-consuming. A law firm has the team to take care of it all for you, so you can focus on getting better after a serious injury.
- Your attorney can take care of all the legal details and paperwork. Without a legal degree, you might not know you need to file a claim in court or how to make sure defendants in your case are served. There are strict deadlines for your claim, too. Your attorney is familiar with the details, reducing the chance that you’ll miss out on compensation because of a preventable mistake.
- Your attorney can advise you. Should you accept a settlement or seek more? Is it worthwhile to take your claim to court? After you file your claim, your attorney can help you weigh your decision, so you pursue the compensation you deserve.
- Your lawyer can help you avoid expensive mistakes. Posting about your workplace or vehicle accident on social media, or discussing your situation with others, for example, can hurt your case. Your attorney can help you avoid these common missteps so you have the best chance of securing compensation for your injuries.
If you want to find out about the benefits of an experienced attorney in your case, get in touch with the Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626. You can always reach a live person when you call us, no matter when you reach out. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with an attorney to find out whether pursuing a claim makes sense in your situation.