Personal injuries can happen anywhere. You can sustain a serious injury in a car accident, on a property you are visiting, in a store, or in a private home. Personal injuries range from seemingly minor scrapes and bruises to serious head injuries, burn injuries, internal injuries, fractured bones, and spinal cord injuries. No matter what injury you suffer, there are certain steps you need to take to protect yourself:
1) Seek medical help. Even if your injury seems pretty minor, it is hard to tell whether or not there will be lasting repercussions from the wound. Only seeing a doctor will help you understand the severity. A healthcare professional can also document your injuries so that if the injury turns out to be more serious than you initially imagined, you have documented proof of what has taken place.
2) Report the incident to authorities. Do this as soon as you can. Authorities will be able to look into the accident and will be able to protect others from potentially harmful situations. You will be given a case number or file number that will help you keep tabs on the investigation.
3) Meet with a qualified Florida lawyer. A good Florida attorney can help protect your interests and can help you understand all your rights. A good rule of thumb is to not sign anything in a personal injury case until you have spoken to a good lawyer. An initial consultation can be free of charge and can empower you by giving you the information you need to know to deal with insurance adjusters and other professionals involved in the case.
4) Contact your insurance company, if needed. If you have been in a car accident or have sustained property damage as well as a personal injury, you will need to file a claim and meet with a claims adjuster.
5) Continue to work with your Florida attorney. Your lawyer will help you understand what needs to happen next. Maintain good communication and follow your attorney’s suggestions. Your lawyer may assesses your case and file a lawsuit. He or she may work to get you a settlement or may set a trial date for your case. Your attorney will work on pre-trial examinations and exchange of documents before the trial and he or she will also deal with any appeals made in the case.
If you are injured in any way, your best defence is a good Florida attorney. A good Florida lawyer is the only way to ensure that you get the full protection of the law. If you are worried about the cost, do not be. Call 1- 800-535-2962 (1 800 5 FLAXMAN) to learn your legal options. We do not charge you a penny unless and until you win your case or settle out of court.