If you determine that you have a personal injury case, such as a Florida car accident case or another type of legal action, you will need to work closely with a good Florida personal injury attorney as your case works its way through the courts. If you have never worked with an attorney before, consider these tips for a great working relationship:
1) Choose your personal injury attorney carefully. Few decisions will have as great an impact on your case. A good attorney will listen to you and has the experience and training to help you. A good attorney also has the trial experience and case experience to increase your chances of a successful outcome.
2) Be honest with your attorney. Answer all your attorney’s questions fully and honestly. Hiding information or lying will ruin your relationship and will usually not create a good outcome for you. Even if you think that something might harm your case, do not lie about it. As well, be sure to tell your attorney about anything that is relevant to your case. For example, if you are facing financial pressure as a result of a Florida slip and fall accident, be sure to share this information with your attorney, as your attorney will generally have a number of solutions to help.
3) Show up prepared. Attorneys usually enter the legal field because they genuinely want to help people. A good attorney will want to help you, but you can help your attorney do this by showing up to meetings prepared. Your attorney is busy, so consider typing up questions you have or bringing any relevant documentation with you.
4) Make sure that your understand your obligations. After talking to your attorney, be sure to ask what you need to do and what your responsibilities are. If your attorney gives you directions or instructions, follow them to the best of your ability.
5) Make sure that your understand the relationship. No attorney can guarantee that your case will win or that you will receive a substantial settlement. Being honest and choosing a good attorney improves your chances for a positive outcome, but be aware that your attorney’s role is to represent you in the best way possible. The actual outcome of your case will not be known until your case works its way through the court system.
If you need a qualified, experienced Florida personal injury attorney, contact the Flaxman Law Group. With conveniently located offices in Homestead, Hollywood, and Miami and a compassionate, experienced staff, the Flaxman Law Group is always standing by to help you understand your rights and options. Charles Flaxman of the Flaxman Law Group has more than a decade of insurance industry experience and extensive trial experience to put to work on your case.