If you have suffered an amputation in Hollywood, you may feel daunted by the long road to recovery. Whether you have sustained your injury through an infection, illness, or car accident in Hollywood, there are many things that you will need to do as you start to recover:
1) Get medical help. If you have sustained your injury in a traffic collision or truck accident in Hollywood, you will typically be rushed to the emergency room. Immediately following an accident or an amputation, emergency hospitalization is needed to prevent additional blood loss and to treat the condition. Surgery and other medical treatment may be required. Depending on your situation, you may need to visit specialists and other medical experts. You may also need tests and other types of medical care.
2) Seek out physical therapy. Rehabilitation and physical therapy is often needed for months after the initial amputation to help a patient deal with the loss of a limb. You will need to strengthen your body so that it can deal with a new range of movement and you will need to ensure that you can move properly with a prosthetic.
3) Seek out support and mental therapy. Amputees often face depression, body-image issues, and other challenges on the road to recovery. Amputation is a traumatic personal injury and in many cases Hollywood patients feel anger, grief, and other powerful emotions as they work to recover. Speaking with a therapist, support group, and others can help with the emotional side of recovery.
4) Get assistance with prosthetics. Today’s prosthetics are more natural looking and offer more options and mobility for amputees. Depending on the situation, you may need a number of prosthetics for different tasks and activities.
5) Make sure your home is accessible. Even with a prosthetic, you may need to make changes to your car, home, and workplace to make it accessible for you.
6) Take care of your financial future. In addition to dealing with the high costs of medical care and prosthetics, amputees lose months or even years of work. Some are unable to return to their previous jobs. For this reason, it is important to call a personal injury attorney in Hollywood or your city right away. A personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation from any liable parties to ensure that you do not have to pay these devastating costs by yourself.
Contact the Flaxman Law Group today for a free consultation. If you have suffered an amputation or loss of limb due to someone’s negligence or recklessness, you may be eligible to file a legal claim and receive compensation for your pain and suffering, loss of earning potential, lost wages, medical costs, and other expenses. This compensation can be very important to you as you start on the process of recovery. The Flaxman Law Group has offices conveniently located in Homestead, Hollywood, and Miami and we’re proud to serve the entire southern Florida area. Let our compassionate and professional legal team help you review your options and answer your questions.