Injuries to your ankle and foot can be extremely painful and can leave you unable to bear weight on the injured foot for weeks or months. When these injuries are the result of someone’s negligence, call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 to speak to a Hollywood personal injury attorney in a free consultation to find out whether you have a claim.
Understanding Foot and Ankle Injuries
Your feet and ankles support your weight, allow you full mobility, and take a lot of abuse from sweat, shoes, and uneven surfaces. Common injuries to this area of your body include:
- Fractures: There are four bones that make up the ankle, but the fibula and tibia are the most common sites of injuries. The foot has 26 bones and any of them can be broken or injured, especially in a crushing injury.
- Sprains: This happens when ligaments are pushed beyond their limits, which can happen with a fall or sudden movement in an accident.
- Strains: In the ankle area, peroneal tendons and acute tendons can suffer strain due to trauma or sudden force.
Do I Have an Injury Claim?
Most often, we see claims involving foot and ankle injuries related to:
- Slip and fall accidents. When you slip and fall or trip and fall, your ankle and foot can bend at an unnatural angle. In some cases, you can twist your ankle or fall on your foot, causing damage.
- Sports accidents. Sports put a lot of pressure on the foot and ankle, especially if you’re running for a ball or skating after a puck. When a sports facility fails to maintain their property or when sports equipment is faulty, you may have a claim.
- Premises liability claims. Some foot and ankle injury claims are made against negligent property owners. For example, if a hotel fails to clean their pool area and you slip and injure your ankle, you may have a claim against the hotel.
- Vehicle accidents. One of the most common reasons for ankle and foot injuries is vehicle accidents. In a car, your foot can become crushed in a head-on crash. Or, your foot can become trapped if you’re in a serious collision. In motorcycle accidents, your feet and ankles can be injured by having your vehicle fall on top of them in a crash. In a bicycle accident, you may instinctively use your feet to try to stop a fall, and this can cause injuries.
It’s not always obvious what caused your foot or ankle injury. The personal injury attorneys at Flaxman Law Group find that sometimes an investigation is required to find out what caused an injury and to find all liable parties.
If you’ve suffered a foot or ankle injury in Southern Florida, you may be facing more than pain. You may be unable to work and may be losing income. You may be unable to complete everyday tasks such as cleaning and may need to hire someone to help you. The medical bills for crutches, pain management, surgeries, and other supports and treatments can be considerable.
For all these reasons, if you’ve suffered a foot or ankle injury in Southern Florida and you suspect that someone’s negligence may have played a role call Flaxman Law Group to speak to a Hollywood personal injury attorney. Our family-based team always treats you with courtesy and compassion and we have more than 60 years of combined experience. Let our team, including our father-son attorney team, help you understand your options in a free consultation. Contact us today.