In a perfect world, anyone injured in a car accident would get immediate and full help with their injuries. Any driver whose negligence caused the injuries would be held responsible. As Florida attorneys know, however, the world is not perfect, and in some car accidents, victims have trouble getting the legal help they need. Even in cases where one driver was clearly negligent, certain issues can affect the income of a case:
1) Hit-and-run accidents. In cases where a driver does not stop at the accident scene, it is difficult to launch a lawsuit. The driver who left the scene must first be found and positively identified. Witnesses or evidence needs to be provided to prove that the driver left the scene of the accident.
2) Accidents involving bicycles and pedestrians. When a car strikes a pedestrian or bicyclist, the injuries to the pedestrian or bicyclist can be very severe. These sort of accidents have a high rate of fatality and many pedestrians and bicyclists struck by cars suffer serious injuries such as spinal cord injuries, bone fractures, and brain injuries. Despite this, injured parties often have a hard time making claims against drivers, since drivers will often attribute the accident to the behaviour of the pedestrian or bicyclist. Motorcycle drivers can face the same problems.
3) Accidents involving buses. Since buses often are used by large and well-insured companies, launching a claim is often difficult. The fact that passengers often do not wear seatbelts on buses also can complicate the case.
4) Car accidents caused by road conditions. In cases where road debris, road design or road condition causes an accident, it is often very challenging to prove who is at fault. In some cases, agencies responsible for road repair and maintenance may have immunity which limits lawsuits.
5) Vehicle Modifications. In cases where a car has been modified with powerful or tinted headlights, foglights, window tinting, or other modifications, these changes can affect the safety of the car. Despite this, proving that a car modification caused a car accident can be tricky.
If you have a claim as a result of a car accident but are affected by any of these situations or by any other situation that may affect your claim, you need a good Florida attorney to represent your interests and protect your rights. Call 1- 800-535-2962 (1 800 5 FLAXMAN) today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss your case and options.