Election day is just around the corner, and no matter what your affiliation and your political stance, safety is important to consider. Personal injuries can and do occur on election day. People are breaking from their usual routine, emotions are running high, people may be traveling to unfamiliar locations in Hollywood or their communities to vote. All these factors can contribute to trip and fall accidents, slip and fall accidents, car crashes and more.
No matter how we vote, have a safe election day with these tips:
1) Show up early: Give yourself plenty of time to get to your destination. This will give you enough time to find a parking spot, wait in line (if there is one), and settle in. If you’re not rushing around, you’re less likely to suffer a trip and fall or other serious injury.
2) Bring a friend: Going with someone can make you feel more confident and can ensure you can get help if you do fall. If you have loved ones who have mobility issues, plan on going in a group to help support them, too.
3) Understand how to vote: Make sure you know where you’re going, where you can park or how you can take public transit to your destination, and where you need to go. If you have any mobility concerns, make sure the venue is accessible. If you’re concerned about safety and want to vote early, mail-in ballots are also available.
4) Be cautious when driving: Parking lot accidents and car accidents are actually quite common on election day, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. This is because there are more people on the roads, emotions are running high, and voters may be heading to unfamiliar locations to cast their ballots. If you will be driving to the ballots, make sure you plan ahead of time and get familiar with the area. This can help you stay confident and can reduce the types of surprises which can lead to a collision.
5) Put away distractions: Leave your cell phone in your pocket and focus on getting to the polls safely. Being distracted can make you more vulnerable to falls, assault, accidents, and other types of personal injury.
If you are injured before or on election day or at any time in Hollywood, Homestead, Miami, or anywhere in South Florida, you can contact us at Flaxman Law Group to speak to a personal injury attorney. We offer virtual consultations for your convenience. Our legal team has more than sixty years of combined experience and has helped recover tens of millions of dollars for thousands of injured plaintiffs across South Florida.
If you have been injured, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation with a Hollywood personal injury attorney.