At Flaxman Law Group, our legal team has more than 60 years of combined experience helping plaintiffs seek compensation for their injuries. We have seen many types of personal injury claims, and the following are the most common.
- Auto accidents. These remain one of the most common causes of personal injury claims. While we call them “accidents,” car collisions can be caused by negligent behavior such as distracted driving or speeding. If negligence plays a role, someone injured in a car accident may have a legal claim.
- Slip and fall accidents. These can occur anywhere, including in homes, on public property, on sidewalks, and in stores. They can lead to a claim if they occur outside the home and are caused by preventable conditions such as poor building maintenance, wet floors, or poor lighting.
- Medical malpractice. This occurs when a patient is harmed because a medical professional fails to provide an appropriate level of care. Patients sometimes file this kind of claim after experiencing surgical errors, misdiagnosis, or injuries in a hospital or clinic.
- Work accidents. Poor safety processes, inadequate training, or poorly maintained workplaces can all lead to on-the-work injuries, which affect more than a million American workers each year.
- Products liability. Defective products such as dangerous toys, poorly designed bike helmets, or contaminated food, can cause injury to customers. When that happens, customers may have a claim against product manufacturers and other liable parties.
- Assault. In cases of assault, battery, and sexual assault, the perpetrator can be held liable for any injuries they inflict. Even if the perpetrator is never charged with a crime, they can be pursued in a civil case.
- Premises liability. If someone is injured on private or public because a property owner has failed to maintain their property in a safe condition, the injured party can launch a claim against the property owner.
- Dog bites. If a dog attacks someone, the dog owner can be held liable for the injuries.
- Recreation accidents. Accidents sustained while playing sports or taking part in tour groups or visiting theme parks can lead to claims.
- Wrongful death. In cases where negligence leads to fatal injuries, the surviving immediate family members of the victim may have a claim.
One of the questions our legal team at Flaxman Law Group gets asked most often is “Do I have a claim?” Unfortunately, some people who have been injured by negligence do not realize they may be able to pursue financial recovery that could help them pay for medical care, lost income, and the many other expenses of a serious injury.
If you have suffered an injury, seek medical attention as soon as possible. We also invite you to call Flaxman Law Group at 866-352-9626 if you’ve been injured—even if you’re not sure you have a claim. In a free, no obligation consultation we can review your situation and help you understand whether you might have a personal injury claim. Our team has more than 60 years of combined experience and we have recovered over $100 for our clients in court wins and settlements. Our offices in Miami, Homestead, and Hollywood are here to serve you.