Garbage trucks help us keep our homes and streets clean, but these large vehicles moving along residential streets also cause serious collisions and injuries.
If you’re injured by a garbage truck in Hollywood, Coral Springs, or any Florida community, contact Flaxman Law Group as soon as possible for a free consultation with a Hollywood truck accident lawyer. These cases are much more complex than most traffic accidents, so you will want our more than 60 years of combined experience on your side.
What Causes Garbage Truck Accidents in Hollywood?
There are many factors that make garbage trucks especially risky when it comes to car accidents:
- Garbage trucks make unexpected stops and back up frequently, which motorists may not expect.
- Large garbage trucks can block visibility for drivers and pedestrians.
- Workers on these trucks hop on and off, weaving through traffic to collect garbage.
- Trucks are on a schedule and pressure for time can mean drivers make mistakes.
- Garbage trucks have very large blind spots and make wide turns, which can also lead to collisions.
In addition, waste management trucks in Hollywood and across Florida are large. Even though they may not travel fast, the force of impact can effectively crush pedestrians and smaller vehicles. Serious injuries such as head trauma, paraplegia, amputation, and other life-changing, permanent injuries are not uncommon in these types of accidents.
Who is Liable?
One reason why truck accidents are more complex than many traffic accidents is because there may be multiple liable parties, including:
- The private company or government agency that owns the truck or hires the truck driver.
- The garbage truck driver.
- The company who maintains the garbage trucks.
- The manufacturer of the trucks or any trucks.
- The waste removal company.
- Other users of the road who may have contributed to the crash.
In some cases, pursuing these liable parties is challenging. For example, the manufacturers of the truck or defective truck parts may be based overseas. If the waste removal services are offered by a local government, the government enjoys some protections from lawsuits.
Working with an experienced Hollywood truck accident claims lawyer is important. It means working with someone who knows how to find out who is liable and how to gather evidence in your case.
How Much Can I Get for My Hollywood Garbage Truck Accident Claim?
If negligence caused the garbage truck crash that caused your injuries, Florida allows you to seek compensation. How much you can get will depend on a number of factors, including the types of injuries and losses you have sustained. You may be able to seek financial recovery for:
- Any current and future medical bills related to your injury.
- Any property damage, including car repair costs.
- Any current or future loss of income caused by your injuries.
- Any incidental costs, like the costs of getting to and from medical appointments.
It’s important to pursue maximum financial recovery so you can pay for all of this without needing to dip into savings or risk your assets. One factor that can impact how much recovery you can seek is your attorney. An experienced attorney knows how to negotiate with insurance companies and how to present a strong case in court, if needed.
The family-based legal team at Flaxman Law Group has more than 60 years of combined experience. Our father-son attorney team has worked for the insurance industry and has represented them in court. We know how insurers think and we may be able to predict the strategies they will use to try to minimize a claim. Our experience has helped us secure over $100 million for our clients. Since we know how frightening a truck accident can be, we’re happy to offer every injured person in South Florida a free consultation (with no obligation) with a Hollywood truck accident claims attorney. Just contact us to claim your free consultation.