Whether you have suffered a fall, broken bone, burns, head trauma, or any serious injury, your life may be affected for weeks or months. In some cases, your life may never be the same. Seeking financial recovery for your injuries, if you qualify, helps you pay for lost income if you cannot work because of your injury and also help you pay for medical expenses and other expenses you may have incurred because of your injuries. However, it is not always obvious whether your injury might qualify for a legal claim.
What Types of Injuries Lead to Personal Injury Claims?
In Florida, you may have an injury claim if your injuries were caused by negligence. To qualify, your injuries must also have resulted in losses (such as medical bills) and you must not have exceeded the statute of limitations. Personal injury claims in Hallandale Beach often occur in a few types of situations:
- A property owner was negligent in providing a safe environment and you were injured as a result.
- A driver was negligent on the road and this led to a traffic collision in Hallandale Beach where you were injured.
- A product manufacturer or retailer created an unsafe product and you were injured or suffered property damage when correctly using that product.
- A contractor was negligent when repairing or building part of your home, and this led to injuries or property damage.
- A medical professional failed to diagnose you correctly or caused complications due to negligent care.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the possible routes to a lawsuit. Under Florida law, you may have a right to seek compensation if you have suffered any serious injury that was caused by negligence.
What Can I Expect from a Claim?
If you have a legal claim, your lawsuit will generally begin when you contact a Hallandale Beach personal injury attorney. The attorney will confirm you have a claim and you will decide together whether to file the lawsuit. If you decide to go ahead, the process will vary depending on the specifics of your case, but will generally include your attorney taking care of many of the steps, including:
- Formally filing the paperwork to start the claim.
- Uncovering evidence in your case.
- Negotiating with the other parties.
- Reviewing any settlement offers made.
- Working through meditation, if it is required or requested.
- Representing you in court if your case goes to trial.
- Taking care of any appeals.
If I Have a Case, Do I Have to Sue?
Even if you have been injured by someone’s negligence and have the right to file a lawsuit, you are not obligated to do so. However, there are many reasons why plaintiffs decide to seek legal action:
- To hold negligent parties liable and to prevent others from being injured
- To recover compensation for the many costs of an injury.
- To seek a sense of closure after a traumatic injury.
- To get fairer compensation than what an insurance company offers.
Even if you’re not sure you want to pursue a personal injury claim in Hallandale Beach, it can be useful to speak with an experienced attorney. An attorney can tell you how much your claim may be worth and how much the costs of your medical bills may be. This can help you make a decision about whether you want to pursue a claim.
If you’re not sure you have a claim, contact Flaxman Law Group at 1-866-352-9626 (1-866-FLAXMAN) for a free consultation. Our law firm has more than 60 years of experience, and we offer a careful case evaluation designed to help you understand your options, so you can make a decision about your future from a position of strength.